Retrieving critical data months or years later even if you thought it was insignificant at the time, relies on robust Archiving & Versioning and for businesses that fall under compliance regulations, data archiving is a requirement. Although, even if your company isn’t regulated, strong data archiving is still a best practice.
With many flexible options such as minimum number of file versions to maintain, you’re never left depending on a single backup version of an important file. Cloud-based backup storage can set up with a mechanism to clean data after a default retention period, or longer as you require so you can keep multiple file versions and store them securely for your long-term needs.
Store Your Data for as Long as You Need and Set Variable Retention Policies
- Granular data selection: Whether it’s a file, folder, application, client operating system, or a complete server, Online Backup easily lets you select exactly what data needs to be protected.
- Comprehensive platform support: With support for Microsoft Windows, Linux, VMware, and Hyper-V
- Encryption: Archived data remains secure both in transmission and at rest via industry standard private key encryption that uses AES 128-bit.
- Security and privacy: All encryption keys remain private and are accessible only by the user. So you can rest easy knowing that data is secure and private.
- Meet compliance
- Custom archiving: Keeping data beyond the default retention period is a simple matter of selecting the backup data type to be archived and the desired archiving schedule.